You’ll want to make sure to purchase your domain immediately. A domain is shorter and easier to navigate to than your temporary WebCenter URL. It also gives your WebCenter the name brand recognition that you are looking for. Follow the steps below to register your unique WebCenter domain name.
Now you will need to point your domain to your WebCenter.
- Go to your WebCenter.
- Depending upon the “skin” your WebCenter is wearing, login to the Administration section of your WebCenter by clicking on one of the following links or buttons: “System Login”, “Access Your Account” or “Login”.
- Enter your WebCenter name and password and click “Login” button.
- Click on the button labeled “WebCenter Modifier”.
- Click on the button labeled “Register your domain name”.
- Click on the “Register a new domain” link.
- Enter the domain you wish to register and click the “Check” button.
- If the domain you are looking for is not available, it will indicate that it is already taken. If so, go back and submit another choice. If it is available, you will automatically be directed to the next screen.
- Check the checkbox next to the name of the domain you intend on purchasing.
- Fill in any contact information that may be incomplete or incorrect.
- Select the number of years you wish to register the domain for and click the “Register Domain(s)” button. If the registration is successful,you will receive a message stating such. If it was unsuccessful it will give you a message instructing you what to do next.
- Click on the “My Account” link from inside the WebCenter Administration area.
- Click on the “Domain” tab.
- Select your domain name from the "domain name" drop-down-box and click the “Go” button.
- You will be presented with a list of sites and/or WebCenters that are listed under your user account. Choose your WebCenter from the drop down box and click the “Update” button.
- You will receive a message saying “Domain has been pointed”.
*Note: It will take 24-48 hours for the domain to be operational.